Thank you to all of you who are considering sharing your time and skills as a volunteer for Churchwide Assembly. We invite you to take a few minutes to read about each volunteer opportunity below. We’ve included as many specific details as we have right now and will update this page with more details as they become known to us.
Here are some things about volunteering that you should know:
- It is our goal to include as many volunteers as possible. Depending on the numbers of people that offer to help, we may have to limit the number of positions available to each person.
- We will do our best to honor your choices for volunteer positions and slots and we’ll notify you before Churchwide Assembly of your assigned position and timeframe.
- All times listed are approximate and will be finalized closer to Churchwide Assembly.
- Volunteers are responsible for providing their own meals, snacks, transportation, lodging and any parking fees.
- If your circumstances change, please notify us as soon as possible so we can help you edit your submitted form.
- Here is a map to the Wisconsin Center and a list of area hotels. As an alternative you may wish to explore the Guest Suites at Luther Manor which offers kitchen and living space. Luther Manor is approximately 10 miles from the Wisconsin Center.
- Questions? Please call the office at 414.671.1212.
One of your primary roles as an airport greeter will be to greet voting members and other guests to theRead more.
On Wednesday, August 7, evening events will take place at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Four people are needed to packRead more.
On Wednesday evening, August 7, events will take place at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Volunteers are needed to assist inRead more.
Several of the meals during the Churchwide Assembly are catered in a large ballroom located near the plenary hall. WhileRead more.
As a door monitor, you will be responsible for making sure participants to the Churchwide Assembly are seated in theRead more.
General Volunteer “Use Me”
During the Churchwide Assembly, there are occasionally needs that arise where additional volunteers are needed. Someone who volunteers for thisRead more.
General Worship Helper
This position provides sacristy support including ironing albs, preparing communion vessels and clean up after the service. Additional tasks willRead more.
Hearings are meetings that focus on legislative items that will come before the assembly. It is here that voting membersRead more.
You will be one of the first people at the Convention Center to greet voting members and guests to theRead more.
One of your primary roles as a hotel greeter will be to welcome voting members and other guests to theRead more.
Sixteen microphone pages are needed throughout the Churchwide Assembly for each plenary session. It is preferred that volunteers for thisRead more.
Pack Gift Bags
All voting members will receive a gift bag from the Greater Milwaukee Synod. These bags will be packed at theRead more.
Pre-Assembly Floor Setup/Voting Machines
One of the important functions that voting members serve at the Churchwide Assembly is their responsibility to vote on aRead more.
As people arrive at the Convention Center it will be your task to greet voting members and guests to theRead more.
Runners will carry information and materials from registration to various places in the Wisconsin Center during plenary sessions. These volunteersRead more.
Technology Support & Distribution Pages
Voting members will be using electronic tablets to reference the Pre-Assembly Report during the assembly. Because of the diverse experienceRead more.
Responsible for welcoming people, helping people find seats, passing out worship folders, and collecting offerings. Ushers will report one hourRead more.